Updated 14 March 2022
1. Introduction and General Terms
Woodward Estate Agents (we) are committed to protecting your and your family's personal information when you are using our services. This Privacy and Cookies Policy relates to our use of any personal information we collect from you via the following services:
• Our website that links to this Privacy and Cookies Policy;
• Social media or our official content on other websites;
• Web portals you contact us through
It also relates to our use of any personal information you provide to us by phone, SMS, email, in letters and other correspondence and in person.
In order to provide you with the full range of our services, we sometimes need to collect information about you.
This Privacy and Cookies Policy explains the following:
• What information we may collect about you;
• How we will use information we collect about you;
• When we may use your details to contact you;
• Whether we will disclose your details to anyone else;
• Your choices regarding the personal information you provide to us;
We are committed to safeguarding your personal information. Whenever you provide such information, we are legally obliged to use your information in line with all applicable laws concerning the protection of personal information, including the Data Protection Act 1998 (these laws are referred to collectively in this Privacy and Cookies Policy as the "data protection laws"). No website can be completely secure; if you have any concerns that your information held by us could have been compromised e.g. someone could have discovered your password if you have self registered, please get in touch straight away.
2. Who are we?
Woodward Estate Agents is a trading name of Stephen J Woodward Limited registered in England and Wales at Companies House number 02836910. Our Registered Address is 90 High Street, Harrow on the Hill, Middlesex, HA1 3LP. We are an Estate Agency who represent clients in the disposal, acquisition, renting and management of property. Our Registration Number with the Information Commissioner's Office is Z3044399.
Our online services:
Our website www.woodward.co.uk is owned by us. The content is held on various servers under contract with us. Our property information is issued to web portals and our own website by software under contract to us. Your information is held on software and servers contracted to us.
3. What information will we collect about you?
When you participate in, access or sign up to any of our services, activities or online content, such as newsletters, competitions, live chats, message boards, web and mobile notifications, telephone or text us, or create an account using our online registration system we may receive personal information about you. This can consist of information such as your name, email address, postal address, telephone number, gender or date of birth, IP address as well as information collected about your use of our services and items you have “added” such as details about your property, your preferences, property value or affordability and access arrangements.
Please note that sometimes we will require you to provide additional personal information, and sometimes sensitive personal information (e.g. what you can afford to pay for a property). That information will also be treated as detailed in this policy statement.
4. How we use the information we collect about you?
We will use your personal information for a number of purposes including the following:
• to provide our services, activities or online content, to provide you with information about them and to deal with your requests and enquiries;
• to provide you with the most user-friendly online navigation experience;
• where we provide personalised services, we may analyse the information you supply, as well as your activity on our (and other) services, so that we can offer a more relevant, tailored service. For instance, we could use your viewing history of properties to provide personalised recommendations If you are signed-in or subscribed to email newsletters, you will receive a personalised service.
• we may also show you relevant advertising on third party sites, as set out in section 7;
• to use IP addresses and device identifiers to identify the location of users, to block disruptive use, to establish the number of visits from different locations and to authenticate electronic payments or digitally signed documents such as Terms of Engagement and Tenancy Agreements.
• for analysis and research purposes so that we may improve the services we offer.
Where we propose using your personal information for any other uses we will ensure that we receive your consent first. Please see section 18 below for details.
5. Your Woodward Estate Agents Account
If you have registered for an account with us this will also allow you to login to our software or website for your location. We will only share what we need to in order to provide the service you are using we will never routinely share all of the data we each hold about you.
Your account will always be covered by the policies of this website.
6. When will we contact you?
We may contact you:
• in relation to any service, activity or online content you have signed up for, in order to ensure that we can deliver the services;
• in relation to any correspondence we receive from you or any comment or complaint you make about our services;
• in relation to any personalised services you are using;
• in relation to any contribution you have submitted to us, e.g. review websites or via text or voicemail message;
• to invite you to participate in other services we offer, local community news or reviews (participation is always voluntary);
• to update you on any material changes to our policies and practices; and
• for marketing purposes, as set out in section 7.
We will never contact you to ask for your account password, or other login information. Please be cautious if you receive any emails or calls from people asking for this information and claiming to be from us.
7. Will I be contacted for marketing purposes?
We will only contact you in relation to the services and properties we offer.
We offer regular emails, including a weekly update, to let you know about our services and properties. From time to time we may also contact you to ask your views on issues affecting our services or properties we market.
We may personalise the message content based upon any information you have provided to us.
We may use information which we hold about you to show you relevant advertising on third party sites (e.g. Facebook, Google, Instagram, Snapchat and Twitter). This could involve showing you an advertising message. If you don’t want to be shown targeted advertising messages from us, some third party sites allow you to request not to see messages from specific advertisers on that site in future. If you want to stop all personalised services from us, including targeted advertising messages on third party sites you can in form to do so.
8. Will we share your personal information with anyone else?
We will keep your information within our business except where relevant:
· our clients
· referencing agencies
· your and our client’s legal and financial representatives
· our contractors to facilitate property management
· Preparation of accounts
· where disclosure is required or permitted by law (for example to government bodies and law enforcement agencies)
· or as described in this section and section 9.
Generally, we will use your information as above and will only otherwise share it where you have requested it or given your consent. Sometimes we use third parties to process your information on our behalf, for example to provide services or analysis. We require that they do not use your personal information for their own business purposes, unless you have explicitly consented to the use of your personal information in this way.
We may share your personal information internally (i.e. with other departments of Woodward Estate Agents).
9. Offensive or inappropriate content on our websites
If you post or send content which may reasonably be deemed to be offensive, inappropriate or objectionable anywhere on or to our website or otherwise engage in any disruptive behaviour on any service, we may remove such content.
Where we reasonably believe that you are or may be in breach of any applicable laws, for example on hate speech, we may disclose your personal information to relevant third parties, including to law enforcement agencies or your internet provider. We will only do so in circumstances where such disclosure is permitted under applicable laws, including data protection law.
10. What if I am a user aged under 18?
If you are aged 18 or under, please get your parent/guardian's permission before you provide any personal information to us.
11. How long will we keep your information?
We will hold your personal information on our systems for as long as is necessary for the relevant activity, or to evidence historic activity such as instructions, viewings, offers, payments, accounts, etc..
12. Can I delete my data?
You can ask for your data to be deleted in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations however some data may be required to be held to comply with the law and where we may need to evidence historic activity as in 11 above
13. Can I find out what personal information you hold about me?
Under the General Data Protection Regulations you have the right to request a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to have any inaccuracies corrected. We will use reasonable efforts consistent with our legal duty to supply, correct or delete personal information about you on our files. Please address requests and questions about this or any other question about this Privacy and Cookies Policy to the Data Protection Officer, Woodward Estate Agents, The Old Fire Station, 90 High Street, Harrow on the Hill, Middlesex, HA1 3LP, England. Or email email@example.com
14. Web browser cookies
a) What is a Cookie?
A cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes a unique identifier that is sent to your computer, tablet or mobile phone (all referred to here as a "device") web browser from a website's computer and is stored on your device's hard drive. Each website can send its own cookie to your web browser if your browser's preferences allow it. Many websites do this whenever a user visits their website in order to track online traffic flows. Similar technologies are also often used within emails to understand whether the email has been read or if any links have been clicked. If you continue without changing your settings, we’ll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies on our website. However, you can change your cookie settings at any time.
On our website, cookies record information about your online preferences and allow us to tailor our websites to your interests.
Information supplied by cookies can help us to understand the profile of our visitors and help us to provide you with a better user experience. It also helps us recognise when you are signed in to your account and to provide a more personalised experience. We use this type of information to help improve the service we provide.
c) Other information collected from web browsers
Your web browser may also provide information about your device, such as an IP address and details about the browser that you are using.
15. Changes to our Privacy and Cookies Policy
This Privacy and Cookies Policy may be updated from time to time so you may wish to check it each time you submit personal information to us. The date of the most recent revisions will appear on this page. If you do not agree to these changes, please do not continue to use our websites to submit personal information to us.
16. Contacting us about this Privacy and Cookies Policy
If you any questions or comments about this Privacy and Cookies Policy please contact us as in 13 above.